Saturday 20 July 2013

Lipstick League


Summer is finally here and everyone is altering their looks to best suit the weather. While everyone may be changing the shades of foundation, getting out the bronzer and tanning their bootees off… I have been going crazy with my lipsticks. My craze has led me to go on a wild goose chase to find a specific shade of pinkish, reddish sort of purple lipstick. Sadly, I’m still on the chase but I will eventually find it. However, while trying to find this colour, I have come across and bought some amazing shades that are appropriate for many different looks.

My personal style consists of loads of different looks; some looks are very safe wise others may be a bit out there. In the same way, I have lipstick colours that are very safe and others that are a bit challenging to society. But don’t be thinking that I dress like a fool though, that’s only for runway models as stated in my last post.

Red

    MUA - Shade 1                                            Victoria Jackson - Unknown        Natural Collection - Cherry Red
     £1                                                                 £19.99                                           £2.99
    Very Creamy                                                Glossy and Long Lasting              Matte                
     7/10                                                              8/10                                               9/10
Orange

 
Collection 2000 - Mango Tango
£2.50
Very Glossy
7/10
 
Perfect for a full on summer look

 


Pink
1. MUA - Shade 3 - £1 - Too Creamy - 6/10
2. Kiko Milano - 910 - £6.50 - Matte - 9/10
3. Natural Collection - Cranberry - £2.99 - Creamy - 8/10




4. Body Shop - 14 - £10 - Glossy - 10/10
5. Body Shop - 57 - £10 - Glossy - 7/10







Purple

    Kiko - 913                                               Sleek Make-Up                                      MUA - Shade 2
     £6.50                                                       £4.99                                                       £1
     Matte                                                       Matte                                                      Very Creamy
     8/10                                                         9/10                                                         6/10
 
My ‘hunt’ has gone to show me that price doesn’t always speak for the product. My lipsticks are all good and some are admittedly better than others that are pricier but that aren’t always the matter at hand. Sometimes when a lipstick a ‘cheap’ it may some off easily but using a lip primer helps me to keep it on for longer. I say, if the colour is nice then get it unless it is ridonculously cheap and the description is exaggerated for its price and it’s off a market stool. Then you are free to say “Ohhh Heyylll NO!” Be curious of what you buy and do your research, if brands have a lot of bad feedback, trust the consumers! Majority rules :D

Okay, so as you can see I maybe a bit addicted to lipstick at the moment but I just love lipstick. And I think that if you got nice lips then don’t be selfish and keep them to yourself. Show them to the world and make them love it. If Angeline Jolie could to it then why not you.. Unless you got freakishly small lips then only god can help you. I’m sorry.

My name is Sayeeda hannan. I am 18 and I'm addicted to lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment